Assistive Technology Services
|Get the most out of your technology.
Maximizing the potential begins with taking charge of your technology.
What are your goals with your technology? What are the needs of your users? What resources do you have? We don’t just consider specialized assistive or educational tools but standard productivity software and free tools from the cloud? How do all those options fit in with your technical and budget realities?
We can help.
Whether you’re looking for a solution for an individual or fulfilling system-wide vision for your school or organization, contact Bridges to learn how to get the most out of your assistive and educational technology.
For a free consult on the assistive technology needs of an individual adult or child with cognitive, physical, communication and/or learning challenges, contact us: email@example.com
License Management Services
Bridges tracks and records all serial numbers. We can report on your status at any time in any format. This is invaluable for future upgrades, replacements of lost licenses, and for maximizing license savings, too. As your technology investment grows, your savings grow, too.
In-House Expert Technical Support
For our clients, Bridges is the first number to call for any tech issues with education and assistive technology. A manufacturer typically just knows their software. Because we work with so many different applications, in a diverse range of tech eco-systems we know how they interact or if they conflict. We can troubleshoot with you and support you over the course of the whole school year. We also use live over-the-internet meetings, wikis, and other innovative tools to help keep your integration of assistive technology running smoothly.
Click here for information on how to use symbols in your technology and communication ecosystem. Whether you want to reach or teach for individuals who don’t speak English well, who have communication challenges, literacy challenges or needs supports in learning new vocabulary and ideas, symbols can help. Whether in a classroom, work environment or on the net, symbols help build a genuinely inclusive environment.
Bridges has a pool of devices available for loan on a weekly basis. Our loan pool services all of Canada for product trials, evaluations, as well as repair replacements, so we cannot guarantee availability. Loans are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For more information about loans please call 1-800-353-1107 ext. 2186 EST. or email firstname.lastname@example.org check availability and arrange for a loan.
Bridges Equipment Loan Agreement Form
Welcome to Bridges' technical support area.
The goal of Bridges Technical Support is to quickly and effectively provide you with answers regarding the use, maintenance and repair of products purchased from Bridges. Since we have such a diverse product line we have divided this section of our website into 4 distinct areas – please follow the path that best suits your needs.
If you can not find the answer you are looking for please don’t hesitate to contact a technical support specialist directly by phone 1-800-353-1107 ext. 2172 between the hours of 9 – 5 Eastern Standard Time or by e-mail at email@example.com
Most of our products come with a one year manufacturer's warranty, including electronic parts and labour. However, policies may vary on specific products and manufacturers. Warranty information is indicated in your product information.
Why send it to Bridges and not directly to the manufacturer?
Most of our manufacturers are located in the United States. Let us handle the cross-border shipping, customs duties, fees, and headaches. We will also examine and evaluate the problem - there may be a simple fix that can be completed in-house.
Our time frame usually involves sending the product to the manufacturer in the United States. In this case, the repair time is usually 4 to 6 weeks.
We do perform basic repair tasks in-house, and sometimes we are able to solve the problem with the manufacturer's support staff help. In this case, the repair time is 2 weeks.
Steps for Sending a Device for Repair
To assist you in making your return as easy for you as possible, follow these three steps:
1. Phone our technical support staff to discuss the problem. In many cases the problems can be solved without separating the user from the device. If the device needs to be sent for repair, you will need to get a Return Authorization (RA) number from an authorized Bridges representative before you send the device back to us. This is the number we use to track the progress of a repair through our system, and devices which arrive with no Return Authorization number run the risk of being mislaid.
2. Fill out a Repair Request form. You can print or download our Repair Request form. You will need Acrobat Reader to open this file; you can download Adobe Reader here.
3. Alternatively, you can send us an email or fax indicating the following:
- Return Authorization number.
- Date of purchase. Please provide a copy of the invoice or packing slip if possible.
- List of all items returned (for example, device name, charger, carrying case, etc.).
- Details of the fault you want to be fixed.
- Name and return postal address.
- Name and phone number of a contact person to discuss the repair, if needed.
- The name and address of the person who will be billed. This is only needed if the device is outside the warranty.
- Please indicate whether a quote is required prior to proceeding with the repair work.
Send the device with the Request for Service forms to:
6523A Mississauga N.
Mississauga, ON L5N 1A6
How can I track my repair request progress?
At various stages of the repair process we will send you notifications to inform you about your repair progress. However, you can always call us at 1-800-353-1107, ext. 2172, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply provide your RA number and we will let you know where your repair is standing at that point.
|Events & Webinars|
|Assistive Technology Services|
|Special Education Curricula & Resources|
|Product Videos and Webinars|
|Ordering & Returns|