Clicker 6 is Coming!
We were lucky enough to get a visit from Anne and John Crick and Neil Andrew from Cricksoft a couple of weeks ago and saw a preview of Clicker 6. And while we were sworn to secrecy and non-disclosure then, we can now let at least a couple of paws and whiskers of the proverbial cat out of the bag. And boy.... were we impressed! Some of the stuff that made our team oooh and ahhh:
- Built-in painting tools – Crick’s popular painting program, Clicker Paint, is now fully integrated into Clicker.
- Webcam support – Students’ photographs instantly appear in their Clicker documents which are then easily edited with the integrated paint tools.
- Clicker wizards - Follow the step-by-step instructions to quickly create personalized reading, writing, matching, labelling, speaking, and listening activities.
- New editing tools - When you click on a cell, the toolbar instantly changes to display only the tools relevant to the item being edited. The overall look of the editing area’s user interface (UI) has the look and feel of professional office and productivity software (eg. Power Point, the new Paint, Word etc.) making it a lot more familiar and easy to navigate.
- Quick start word processor – Children are able to start working right away!
- Built in word prediction - This intelligent predictor suggests words that fit the context of the student’s writing., much like the Write Online Word Predictor.
- Getting to activities: students favourite folder and login-free access to Learning Grids, makes it so much easier to get to the activities your students need immediately.