Bridges LIVE! is an exciting day of exploring hands-on software, devices, adapted curricula and more for students with special needs. Learn what's possible, hear inspiring stories, try the tech and make new connections.
We customize the sessions to suit the needs of the local educational community. Click on one of the dates below, to see what's specifically covered in the session near you and to register.
If you would like a Bridges LIVE! in your area, give us a shout! firstname.lastname@example.org
Topics Covered at Bridges LIVE!
Illustrated with real classroom examples, these are some of the themes we explore at a Bridges LIVE!
Eye Gaze in the Classroom
Low cost eye gaze systems with skill building and learning software: ground breaking technology for the participation and learning of students with profound physical and cognitive needs. Learn how this cutting edge of access is changing learning for our most challenging students.
New cloud based technologies that means it’s never been easier to create and share visual schedules, communication boards, social scripts and more.
Math and Literacy Curricula
Adapted curricula for students with mild to severe disabilities.
AT for Chromebooks and in GAFE
Web based tools that work across all platforms and in Google eco-systems popular with schools.
Breakthrough Literacy Supports
Ready for Chromebooks, GAFE, Windows, iPads, the latest tools must have features for reading-to-learn, literacy everywhere, and English language learner supports.
Technologies and resources reviewed at Bridges LIVE!
We tailor each Bridges LIVE to the needs of the local education community with lots of hands-on opportunities. We can't cover all the tools and resources below at each Bridges LIVE -- there simply isn't enough time. Click on one of the specific locations above to find out what you'll explore at your local Bridges LIVE!
- Universal access to literacy supports: text to speech, word prediction, reading to writing, symbol supported writing.
- Everywhere access to literacy accommodations: teachers, students, administrators, para-educators, at home and at school.
- Accessibility in the designated classroom and for students with profound and complex needs.
- Walk away with a new familiarity with strategies and tools that can make a profound difference for your students with special needs.
- Meet new professionals in your area and broaden your network.
- Learn through doing with hands-on experiences with the latest tools and curricular material.
- Experience assistive technologies that address needs for English and French students.
Who Should Attend
- Assistive technologists
- Special Education Resource Teachers
- Curriculum Support staff
- Literacy Intervention specialists
- Classroom teachers and Educational Assistants
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Exceptionalities administrators and planners
- Occupational Therapists
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Bridges LIVE! is a Bring Your Own Device event. We will have a limited number of laptops, tablets, and iPads with a mix of operating environments to share: Chrome, iOS, and Windows 7,8 and XP. But a lot of the applications we're looking at are Cloud based. So bring your device, or several devices, you use every day - laptop, tablet, iPad, Chromebook - and you'll see these tools fit your ecosystem.
Tour Bridges LIVE!
Welcome to your very own tour of Bridges LIVE!, where you can find information, images, and testimonials from past events.
If your district or organization would like to host a Bridges LIVE! day, CONTACT US.
What people have said about Bridges LIVE!
Thanks for a great session. I learned loads of information that I can bring back to students and the teachers.
--Teacher, Algonquin Lakeshore Catholic DSB
This was a very useful day. I learned a lot! I would definitely attend other (Bridges LIVE!) days.
--SEA consultant at BLive Newmarket.
I enjoyed the workshop, it was very informative.
Great presenters, knowledgeable, made (BLive) friendly and enjoyable.
--TDSB Itinerant Teacher
Very informative and engaging
--, Waterloo Catholic DSB
Bogdan + Iain = great team!
--Halton DSB, Teacher
Loved the speakers, very engaging and charismatic.
--Peel DSB, SEA Support
Lots of great information.
--Hamilton DSB, Educational Assistant
Engaging and interesting.
--Hamilton Catholic DSB, Teacher
--Bridges LIVE, Newmarket, Teacher,
Thanks for a great day! I learned a great deal.
--Limestone DSB, Teacher