Read, Comprehend, and Demonstrate Knowledge
Unlock students' potential with a powerful, multisensory approach to learning built on innovative, research-based technology.
For post-secondary students, assistive technologists, learning strategists and support staff.
Delve deeper into Kurzweil with resources, tips, and strategies from Bridges
Playlist: Accessing Digital Text for Use with Kurzweil
About Kurzweil 3000
K3000 is literacy support software with powerful reading, writing, test-taking, and study skills tools that makes curriculum accessible to all students.
It is particularly appropriate for students with learning disabilities such as Dyslexia, those who require reading intervention, students struggling with reading comprehension and English Language Learners(ELL). It is an ideal literacy instructional tool for any size education community that is putting UDL (Universal Design for Learning) or an RTI (Response to Intervention) in action.
Kurzweil 3000 literacy software is a cost-effective solution for providing support in the classroom, at home and with the web license -- anywhere, on virtually any platform.
With a K3000 Unlimited Web License for your school district everyone - staff, students -- get access to K3000 files through the tool of their choice: Chromebook, Windows or Mac, Phone or tablet, school or home computer, through any web browser and the iPad or Chrome apps.
K3000 Unlimited Web License -- Imagine the Possibilities:
- No individual license management
- Comes with a cloud-based Universal Library so students and teachers can get access to books anywhere
- Teach with K3000 to all your students -- ELL’s, adult education learners, RTI programs -- it’s UDL implemented
- Genuine anywhere access for all via web browser: library, friend’s house, internet cafe with roaming profiles follow the user so they can read how they like wherever they like to work
- With reading and writing functionality on the phone, K3000 is the ideal for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- iPad or Chrome App for for access from web
- Gobal availability makes it easy for individuals to maintain their customized preferences
- Accessible tools wherever, whenever needed
- Web Universal Library ("cloud" storage) allows sharing of differentiated curriculum, wherever, whenever needed
Teachers, Specialists, Curriculum Directors & Superintendents
- Home access for teachers and/or students for homework and assignment building
- Assigning and receiving student work so that IEP benchmarks can be easily targeted
- Track usage at any level: student, teacher, class, school, and district/campus
- Addresses all tiers of Response to Intervention (RtI) anywhere, anytime
- Automated scoring of true/false, multiple choice, and matching questions
Building and District IT Administrators
- Easy universal cross-platform access at home
- License management occurs via URL-based login, leaving day-to-day administration to others
- "Cloud-based" Web Universal Library means no server space required for file storage
- Management system delivers access to license management and usage data
The iPad app is exclusive and free to all Kurzweil 3000 Web License customers. But you don't need an app to access on iPhone or Android OS -- just login through the browser. Easy, effective mobile access.
Learn On Your Phone, Chromebook, iPad -- Any device
Today’s students are as likely to reach for their phone as they are their laptop as their first choice for academic literacy support.
With Kurzweil for Web Browsers students read, study, organize, even write anywhere. Just log-in, no app necessary on Chromebooks, Surface PC's, Android phones and tablets, even iPhones.
You can even snap a picture of a worksheet or article to start reading the text or writing on a worksheet, in just seconds.
K3000 on the iPad and Web
Universally accessible web-based literacy solution!
Anytime, anywhere access to digital, text-based content, supplemented by powerful literacy tools that enable individuals with the cognitive ability, but not the literacy skills, to achieve their academic or personal goals.
Anytime, Anywhere access via the Internet
- Operates equally well on Chromebook, Windows® and Macintosh®, Android or iOS platforms
- Modern and engaging user interface
- Constantly improving solution eliminates installation, maintenance, and upgrade hassles
- Accessible to students with physical limitations
- Roaming profiles follow the user so they can read, wherever they put it to work
- Simple easy-to-use navigation so users get started right away
- Read text by word, line, sentence or paragraph
- Customize reading to continuous, word by word or selfpaced and by reading speed
- Emphasize key text with different coloured highlighters
- Increase or decrease size of display
- Look up definitions
- Translate Text
- Choose from 4 different high quality voices
- Cloud storage for digital files
- Flexible user management system
free with a Kurzweil 3000 web subscription!
Fully designed and built to work on the iPad, the K3000 App makes accessing and reading digital files from your Kurzweil 3000 Universal Library simple and easy! Just download the app from the App Store and use your existing login credentials to access your private and public documents from your Universal Library.
The iPad app can be obtained from the App Store by searching the education category using the keywords "Kurzweil 3000."
- Mobile access to instructional materials
- Free to Kurzweil 3000 customers, the iPad app is simple to install and use
- Modern and engaging user interface
- Accessible to many students with physical limitation
Included with the web subscription, the universal library means that students can read an their textbooks anywhere on any device, highlght, add notes, save it and continue their work later.
Teachers can assign and distributing reading to a class or a specific student.
Best of all a web subscription has unlimited storage. Never worry about your school or school district running out of space.
New User Interface
Now Available for v. 14 Web License Users! The new user interface, coming soon to network and standalone versions, is simpler and more intuitive to use for new users, but keeps all the rich functionality that experienced Kurzweil users have grown to expect. The update includes a new start screen, but the navigation at the top still acts the same. Web license customers receive this upgrade to their Windows k3000 at no cost. As of today, if you have a web license on a Windows PC, when you run an update on your k3000, you’ll get the new version. To run an update, just open k3000 from your desktop, select "Options” in the main navigation and click on "Updates.”
If you are able to run the update and decide that you prefer to navigate the old way you can switch back. Just click on "Classic view,” to get to the more familiar interface. And you can also switch at any time to the new interface.
Encouraging active reading -- an educator can embed bubble note questions right in the text! Use for comprehension, making connections, vocabulary development... the teaching possibilities are endless. And this is just one kind of note. K3000 has footnotes, text notes, stickies and even voice notes, too.
NEW! Image Reader reads locked text, such as images, PDFs and even text in a Flash player!
NEW! Natural, high-quality acapella text-to-speech voices
NEW! Text-to-speech in 18 languages and dialects including French
NEW! EPUB now supported, updates to PDF and additional new file supports
NEW! Microsoft Speech support—11 new voices
NEW! Open Dyslexic font
NEW! UPDATED FineReader® OCR—the highest quality available
- Multiple note formats for pre, during and post-reading questions
- Open multiple formats ideal for high speed scanners: pdf, tiff, jpg, docx, etc.
- Optical Character Recognition that works -- recognize scanned text books and work sheets, even with multiple fonts, graphics and highlighted text
- Easy, multi-level editing of OCR'd text and pronunciation of words
- Automated high speed OCR'ing tool
- Highlight key text and extract for note-taking, learning key vocabulary etc.
- 2 English Dictionary, French, Spanish, German and other duo-language dictionaries, picture dictionary, syllabification and thesaurus
- Highest quality voice synthesizers
- Read the Web with Internet Explorer® 7 and 8
- Built-in MathPlayer from Design Science, Inc. to read MathML content
- Language translations "on the fly” with Google Translate™
- PDF Bookmarks preservation
- Use sticky notes for instructions, call outs or pre-reading questions.
- Dictionary and thesaurus support is always just a click away.
NEW! 10 writing templates
NEW! Tier 2 academic vocabulary list
NEW! UPDATED Word prediction
NEW! UPDATED Fill-in-the-blank—now with color
- Templates to assist writers with pre-writing organization in both text-based and graphical formats
- Built in Word processor
- Word Prediction
- Word lists
- Key writing habits, check lists
- A "Start Writing” button and a newly reorganized Write menu to streamline the beginning of the writing process
- A "Create” button that converts the outline to a draft
Word prediction is better than ever and word lists are an effective way to incorporate new vocabulary into writing.
NEW! Vocabulary study guides; English and bilingual
- Six colours for highlighting and extraction; quickly create study notes, vocabulary lists and writing outlines
- Extract highlights to column-style notes (see below). A strategy developed at Cornell University proven effective for students who need a clear simple layout to their notes
- Hyperlink feature that lets you add quick links to web pages and documents
- Embed voice notes
- Footnote, Sticky Note, Text Note, Voice Note, Bubble Note, and Bookmark
- MP3, DAISY 2 (NEW!), and WAV audio
Turn highlights into an outline right in K3000 with just a click...
Comprehension and Test-taking AND Test Preparation Support
Test-taking and test making feature including auto fill-in-the blank, circling answers and locking-out features for high-stakes testing.
NEW! Templates to support active reading, note taking, and chapter summaries
UPDATED! American Heritage® dictionaries—the most up to date
- Human Voice Pronunciations
- The multi language Recognition Option
- Additional Support for Phrases
- Question and Response Formats
- Fill-in-the-Blanks for scanned in work sheets
- Highest level encryption -- lock out features for high stakes testing
- Record Responses with audio notes
Now K3000 standalone is dual platform, Mac and Windows on the same media -- you no longer have to specify the operating system when you order.