Victor Reader Trek (English)
Navigate The World Around You and That Latest Best Seller with One Consistent Physical Experience!
Today people everywhere consume content while traveling, but for someone who is blind or visually impaired physical keys plus a consistent user experience is so much more important while navigating outside with one hand already occupied by a cane or dog guide.
The VictorReader Trek combines the world renowned simple book reading and media playback experience of the VictorReader Stream with the navigation guidance technology found in the Trekker Breeze.
With the press of the online button you can toggle between the always-on Orientation guidance mode and offline or online book reading:
- Listen to audiobooks or podcasts.
- Check your location by toggling the orientation mode and pressing the “Where Am I” button. Trek will tell you:
- Your current nearest address
- Cardinal direction you are traveling
- Description of the next intersection. (Whether it is a 3 way or 4 way intersection, which streets go which direction and approximate distance)
- Next instruction if you are following a route
- Mark specific intersections by dropping a voice tagged landmark and you can receive turn by turn directions to that exact point at a later time.
- Search for an address by typing it in using the keypad.
- Going back to your audiobook or podcast you can start off exactly where you left off.
Navigating with VictorReader Trek
Trek provides specific pedestrian or vehicle instructions:
- Pedestrian directions ensures the user is not guided on major highways
- Vehicle instructions reduces the amount of details provided to the user so they can more easily direct a sighted driver
Trek specializes when you are in open area!Trek offers options to make you feel immediately more comfortable in new and unfamiliar places.
- Drop voice tagged landmarks at each location you will be returning to and Trek will always provide you instructions to navigate there, even when no streets are found
- Travel with confidence knowing that your landmarks will always be your points of reference
- The Trek includes Bluetooth for listening to Bluetooth headsets. (HumanWare recommends the bone conduction headsets to avoid blocking one’s ears while traveling)
- Users can also use headsets with control keys to modify the volume, and perform commands related to book playback or GPS navigation.
- Device is iBeacon ready for future indoor navigation features to come in a software update.
- Will support the upcoming Galileo orientation system for even better accuracy when traveling.
- The device uses map data from TomTom which will be updated on a regular basis.
- Users can use entire country maps now rather than individual map sections.
- Trek has an included FM radio which will be activated in a future software update
Included in the box
- VictorReader Trek device
- USB cable
- Power adaptor
- Small USB cable for support of thumb drives or cartridges
- Weather resistant carrying case
- Getting started sheet
- Size: 114 x 62 x 24mm (4.5 x 2.4 x 0.9 inches)
- Weight with battery: 140g (5.0 ounces)
- 3.5mm stereo Headset jack
- Built-in mono omni-directional microphone
- Built-in 500 mW speaker
- Battery: Lithium-Ion, 3.7V nominal
- Battery recharge time: Up to 4 hours with AC adapter. May be longer with other chargers or PC recharge.
- Power Supply: Switching type AC/DC. Input 100V – 240V, 50Hz – 60Hz. Output: Type A USB socket, 5VDC, 1A
- Operating temperature range: +5 to + 40 degrees Celsius
- Battery charging temperature range : +5 to + 35 degrees Celsius
- Storage and transportation temperature: -20 to + 45 degrees Celsius
- Operating humidity: 5% to 90% (non-condensing)
- Storage and transportation humidity: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
- Micro USB OTG compliant interface
- SD (Secure Digital) card slot supports up to 32gb SDHC cards.
- Talking Book formats: DAISY 2, 2.02 , NISO Z39.86 2002,/2005, NIMAS 1.1, unprotected EPUB 2, LGK
- Audio Codecs: AMR-WB+, mp3, MPEG2, mp4, m4a, m4v, OGG Vorbis, Wav P.C.M, Speex
- File types: 3gp, bra, brf, docx, fb2, html, m4a, m4v, mp2, mp3, mp4, mpg, OGG, rtf, SES3, txt, wav, xml, LKF
- Audible: Enhanced format supported (.aax)
- Text-to-Speech: Acapela
- Recording: MP3 16-bit samples at a sampling rate of 44,100Hz with a bit rate of 64, 96 kbps, PCM 16-bit samples at a sampling rate of 44.100Hz
- DRM: 2002 PDTB1 (so-called I.P.P.) and 2006 PDTB2
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n operating in the 2.4GHz band
Bridges accepts institutional P.O’s (purchase orders).
Call us for a quote or just fax or email a P.O. on your letter head.
How secure is my online order?
Any information submitted through the web store is safe and secure. Bridges uses state-of-the-art security encryption methods to ensure the highest standards of security for its online customers.
What payment methods are accepted?
We accept Visa and MasterCard for online orders.
What if I do not have a credit card?
If you do not have a credit card, please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) to discuss alternative payment methods.
How do I know if you have received my order?
When your order has been completed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that will be sent to the e-mail address that you entered in the "Registration” page before checkout.
PLEASE NOTE that the COVID-19 crisis is impacting delivery times. Couriers are experiencing reduced capacity due to new hygiene procedures, increased volumes and/or emergency conditions. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.
Is your school or office limited as to when it can receive goods? When you place your order, in the comments area, please let us know if you cannot receive your order during regular business hours to avoid additional shipping charges. We will make every attempt to accommodate you, but we cannot guarantee that this will be possible.
What shipping options are available?
Most of our items are shipped by Canpar, which takes 3-5 business days to reach the customer. Where service is not available, or due to the special requirements of the product, we will also use UPS, Puralator or Canada Post. Please allow 10-15 days for order processing.
Ordering multiple, heavy-weighted items?
If our store can’t calculate your shipping costs during checkout, your order may fall outside weight, size, or destination restrictions, for online ordering.
Sorry about that.
Just contact us by email or phone and we'll figure out another way to get your order to you.
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping is calculated individually depending on the weight and size of the item. This will be calculated automatically upon checkout and will be included in the total price when you go to the checkout.
How long does it take for me to receive my order?
Order processing time depends on availability of the product from the manufacturer, but typically products are shipped within 10-15 business days after the order is placed. See shipping options for the number of days it will take to reach you after it leaves our warehouse.
Do you ship internationally?
No, we currently sell our products and services only in Canada.
How can I track my order?
When the order is shipped out, you will receive an e-mail with a tracking number. If you do not receive this e-mail, please call 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) to receive your tracking number.
Do you offer a money back guarantee?
We offer a 21-day money-back guarantee unless otherwise noted. Products must be returned in a resalable condition as determined by Bridges. Returns are subject to a 20 percent restocking fee after 21-days. Many of our manufacturers offer additional limited warranties of longer durations on their products. Returns will no longer be accepted after a period of 90 days. Please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) or send an e-mail to email@example.com for more information about manufacturer's warranties or returning your product.
Please note, customers cannot return software for a refund. However, we do offer a store credit for the full amount if returned within 21 days. After 21 days a restocking fee may apply.
How do I return a product?
To return a product you need to get a Return Authorization (R.A.) number from us. Please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST), e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at 905-542-7242 to get an R.A. number and further instructions. Please note, Bridges will not accept returns without an R.A. number. The customer is responsible for shipping costs of returned products.