Kurzweil Version 15 is Here
Since the end of winter, many current Kurzweil Web Access users have switched over to the new super-intuitive K3000 user interface (SEE the previous POST)
But the new Version 15 of K3000 adds even more features including offline access, making great reading and study tools even better and reducing administration tasks for educators.
Here’s a summary of the key updates:
The new user interface is now available for not just web license customers but to any user who upgrades to version 15: standalone and network too.
The streamlined and intuitive navigation is boon to new users particularly. But you can still click back to “Classic” navigation, too.
Web Access Subscribers – No Internet? No Problem.
K3000 Web Access subscribers can now access K3000 on their Windows PC without being connected to the Internet.
For windows users this can mean up to 72 hours of access without an internet connection. This is ideal, not just for schools when the internet drops or in Wi-Fi dead zones on campus, but is an easy way to support internet-off, high-stakes testing.
Reading, Studying and Writing – Even Better than Before
A plethora of updated reading and studying tools, empower students at all levels:
- Acapela text-to-speech voice upgrade improves reading in English, French and German
- College Writers Dictionary for postsecondary students on firefly too
- Cross out tool and spell check in notes for Windows users
- Automatic incorporation of pdf bookmarks to ease navigation of large textbook files
- Additions to Widgit picture dictionary -- more curricular images for decoding unrecognized or confused words
Efficiency for educators and AT support staff
Little fixes, can mean a lot: less time spent on the document means more time for teaching and coaching. Just some of the enhancements in V15:
- Google Drive™ support,
- PNG support
- Zone editing improvements,
- Microsoft Word -- .docx support for Mac users
To learn more WATCH the archived Kurzweil Education WEBINAR.
Upgrade is free for Web Access subscribers and for licenses purchased March 4th or later.
You can also upgrade any old versions of K3000, going back to V.1! Upgrades are just 50% of the list price at your license tier.
Contact Bridges for a quote, an in-depth demo or further details.