The fundamental characteristics of, and differences between, various cell types have been known for a long time and are discussed in almost all biology textbooks. While all cells share certain structural parts, cells of different evolutionary origins have components that set them apart from each other. Build-A-Cell helps students who are blind or visually impaired understand these concepts by providing a full color, tactile, and interactive representation of the internal and external structures of bacterial, animal and plant cells.
- A three-ring binder with:
- Two copies of a vacuum-formed key to internal and external structures in print and braille
- Three tactile cell templates representing bacterial, animal and plant cells
- One set of bacterial internal structures
- One set of animal organelles
- One set of plant organelles
- Three storage panels
- Fifty hook coins
- Build-A-Cell Student and Teacher Guide in large print
- Build-A-Cell Student and Teacher Guide in embossed braille (UEB) in a three-ring binder
- A print parts list
- A braille parts list
- Bacterial, animal, and plant cell templates with colored tactile external structures surrounding an interior of black loop material where the cell's internal structures and organelles can be attached
- A rod-shaped bacterial cell template with colored tactile external structures including a capsule, cell wall, cell membrane, fimbriae, and flagellum
- One set of bacterial cell internal structures including the nucleoid, ribosomes, polysomes, and plasmids
- An oblong animal cell template with a colored tactile representation of the cell membrane
- One set of animal cell organelles and internal structures including the nucleus, smooth endoplasmic reticulum, rough endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi apparatus, lysosome, peroxisome, cytoskeleton, ribosomes, mitochondrion, and centrosome
- A rectangular plant cell template with colored tactile external structures including the cell wall and cell membrane
- One set of plant organelles and internal structures including the nucleus, smooth endoplasmic reticulum, rough endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi apparatus, peroxisome, cytoskeleton, ribosomes, mitochondrion, chloroplast, and vacuole
- Different cell models readily available for students and teachers
- Models that can be used in a lesson and to assess understanding of related concepts
- Models that give teachers a choice as to what features of the cell structure they want to present to the student
- Provides teachers with the ability to demonstrate many different levels of detail for each cell type
- Aligns with the Next Generation Science Standards
- Weight: 5.16 lbs
- Dimensions: 17.85 à€” 16.10 à€” 6.50 in
Bridges accepts institutional P.O’s (purchase orders).
Call us for a quote or just fax or email a P.O. on your letter head.
How secure is my online order?
Any information submitted through the web store is safe and secure. Bridges uses state-of-the-art security encryption methods to ensure the highest standards of security for its online customers.
What payment methods are accepted?
We accept Visa and MasterCard for online orders.
What if I do not have a credit card?
If you do not have a credit card, please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) to discuss alternative payment methods.
How do I know if you have received my order?
When your order has been completed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that will be sent to the e-mail address that you entered in the "Registration” page before checkout.
PLEASE NOTE that the COVID-19 crisis is impacting delivery times. Couriers are experiencing reduced capacity due to new hygiene procedures, increased volumes and/or emergency conditions. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.
Is your school or office limited as to when it can receive goods? When you place your order, in the comments area, please let us know if you cannot receive your order during regular business hours to avoid additional shipping charges. We will make every attempt to accommodate you, but we cannot guarantee that this will be possible.
What shipping options are available?
Most of our items are shipped by Canpar, which takes 3-5 business days to reach the customer. Where service is not available, or due to the special requirements of the product, we will also use UPS, Puralator or Canada Post. Please allow 10-15 days for order processing.
Ordering multiple, heavy-weighted items?
If our store can’t calculate your shipping costs during checkout, your order may fall outside weight, size, or destination restrictions, for online ordering.
Sorry about that.
Just contact us by email or phone and we'll figure out another way to get your order to you.
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping is calculated individually depending on the weight and size of the item. This will be calculated automatically upon checkout and will be included in the total price when you go to the checkout.
How long does it take for me to receive my order?
Order processing time depends on availability of the product from the manufacturer, but typically products are shipped within 10-15 business days after the order is placed. See shipping options for the number of days it will take to reach you after it leaves our warehouse.
Do you ship internationally?
No, we currently sell our products and services only in Canada.
How can I track my order?
When the order is shipped out, you will receive an e-mail with a tracking number. If you do not receive this e-mail, please call 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) to receive your tracking number.
Do you offer a money back guarantee?
We offer a 21-day money-back guarantee unless otherwise noted. Products must be returned in a resalable condition as determined by Bridges. Returns are subject to a 20 percent restocking fee after 21-days. Many of our manufacturers offer additional limited warranties of longer durations on their products. Returns will no longer be accepted after a period of 90 days. Please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) or send an e-mail to email@example.com for more information about manufacturer's warranties or returning your product.
Please note, customers cannot return software for a refund. However, we do offer a store credit for the full amount if returned within 21 days. After 21 days a restocking fee may apply.
How do I return a product?
To return a product you need to get a Return Authorization (R.A.) number from us. Please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST), e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at 905-542-7242 to get an R.A. number and further instructions. Please note, Bridges will not accept returns without an R.A. number. The customer is responsible for shipping costs of returned products.