A community-based solution for people with disabilities to achieve independence. Includes activities on accessing the community as a consumer, using cue cards, mobility training, financial literacy, safety skills, signs, and leisure time.
Included in the kit:
- Stepping Out Curriculum
- Explore Your Community
- Focus On Community
- Focus On Safety
- Tracking Success: Community Solution Checklist
- Develops the skills necessary for independent living and community integration
- Features easy-to-read, photo-illustrated formats for nonreaders and emergent readers
- Provides community-based instruction to help people learn a balanced blend of skills
- Includes a checklist to give providers benchmarks to highlight success in offering community solutions
In the kit
Stepping Out Curriculum
A community-based instructional program for students to achieve independence outside of school
- Provides task analysis lesson plans for 18 community outings
- Includes StepPad with overlays to support with multi-step tasks
- Offers outing checklists and data sheets for monitoring progress
- Use scripted teaching cues for long-term adaptations or fade as skills develop
- My Steps Workbook allows for practice before heading out to the community
Stepping Out is a comprehensive community-based instruction (CBI) curriculum that includes a task analysis for 18 community outings including grocery shopping, eating at restaurants, using the bank, and going to the movie theater.
Explore Your Community
A skills-based curriculum for completing daily living skills independently in the community
- 24 community-oriented lessons grouped by activity such as getting transportation, or being at home with friends
- Integrates printed information with video models and role play scenarios to further generalization and understanding
- Each lesson can be used as a stand-alone or in aggregate to create a naturally occurring sequence of skills
- Use for a full-year curriculum or based on need
- Student book includes images above words as visual prompts
This comprehensive program covers the basics like Operating an Elevator and Dining in a Fast Food Restaurant, as well as Riding a Bus and Asking for Help.
Explore Your Community is a blended curriculum, seamlessly integrating print materials with video, software, and an iPad app. This blended approach increases student engagement while helping you teach students with varying abilities and learning preferences.
Focus On Community
A comprehensive, life skills program for enhancing work, community, safety, and interpersonal skills
- A collection of four titles ideal for transition students
- Real-life photos to help nonreaders and emergent readers understand the content
- Titles come with an Instructor's Reference Guide, Student Reader, and consumable Student Workbook
- Workbook questions follow Bloom's Taxonomy for Learning in which students are asked to create, evaluate, analyze, apply, understand, and remember to answer questions
Bridges accepts institutional P.O’s (purchase orders).
Call us for a quote or just fax or email a P.O. on your letter head.
How secure is my online order?
Any information submitted through the web store is safe and secure. Bridges uses state-of-the-art security encryption methods to ensure the highest standards of security for its online customers.
What payment methods are accepted?
We accept Visa and MasterCard for online orders.
What if I do not have a credit card?
If you do not have a credit card, please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) to discuss alternative payment methods.
How do I know if you have received my order?
When your order has been completed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that will be sent to the e-mail address that you entered in the "Registration” page before checkout.
PLEASE NOTE that the COVID-19 crisis is impacting delivery times. Couriers are experiencing reduced capacity due to new hygiene procedures, increased volumes and/or emergency conditions. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.
Is your school or office limited as to when it can receive goods? When you place your order, in the comments area, please let us know if you cannot receive your order during regular business hours to avoid additional shipping charges. We will make every attempt to accommodate you, but we cannot guarantee that this will be possible.
What shipping options are available?
Most of our items are shipped by Canpar, which takes 3-5 business days to reach the customer. Where service is not available, or due to the special requirements of the product, we will also use UPS, Puralator or Canada Post. Please allow 10-15 days for order processing.
Ordering multiple, heavy-weighted items?
If our store can’t calculate your shipping costs during checkout, your order may fall outside weight, size, or destination restrictions, for online ordering.
Sorry about that.
Just contact us by email or phone and we'll figure out another way to get your order to you.
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping is calculated individually depending on the weight and size of the item. This will be calculated automatically upon checkout and will be included in the total price when you go to the checkout.
How long does it take for me to receive my order?
Order processing time depends on availability of the product from the manufacturer, but typically products are shipped within 10-15 business days after the order is placed. See shipping options for the number of days it will take to reach you after it leaves our warehouse.
Do you ship internationally?
No, we currently sell our products and services only in Canada.
How can I track my order?
When the order is shipped out, you will receive an e-mail with a tracking number. If you do not receive this e-mail, please call 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) to receive your tracking number.
Do you offer a money back guarantee?
We offer a 21-day money-back guarantee unless otherwise noted. Products must be returned in a resalable condition as determined by Bridges. Returns are subject to a 20 percent restocking fee after 21-days. Many of our manufacturers offer additional limited warranties of longer durations on their products. Returns will no longer be accepted after a period of 90 days. Please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) or send an e-mail to email@example.com for more information about manufacturer's warranties or returning your product.
Please note, customers cannot return software for a refund. However, we do offer a store credit for the full amount if returned within 21 days. After 21 days a restocking fee may apply.
How do I return a product?
To return a product you need to get a Return Authorization (R.A.) number from us. Please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST), e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at 905-542-7242 to get an R.A. number and further instructions. Please note, Bridges will not accept returns without an R.A. number. The customer is responsible for shipping costs of returned products.