Real Life Reader Library
The Real-Life Reader Library is comprised of six titles that feature age-appropriate life skill themes with richly illustrated text and student activity/assessment pages. All the Readers include short stories pertaining to real-life situations while building functional vocabulary and comprehension skills.
- Learning to Work is a literacy curriculum for secondary students who are nontraditional readers. The work-themed stories feature a simple, consistent structure that uses repetitive phrases to help students focus on the text. The stories use photographs of specially abled people in actual work settings, like a garden center or medical facility. An activity page encourages readers to talk about their own experiences.
- Social Story Readers teaches reading comprehension with 16 short stories that focus on common social issues. Ideal for students reading at a 2nd grade reading level or below. All stories are presented in a graphic novel style.
- Explore transition issues in an illustrated, short-story format with Self-Determination Readers. The 16 engaging, full-color stories, are written at a third-grade reading level and illustrated in a graphic novel style. Each six- to eight-page story is ideal for one classroom lesson. Stories include Acting Right Makes Cents and How Rude!
- Do the Right Thing has 25 stories featuring Maria, Bianca, Alan, and Jerome as primary protagonists. Each 6-page story begins with a vocabulary glossary and ends with comprehension questions. Engaging and realistic illustrations support the story line. Text is written in a clear, easy-to-read style, with no more than 100 words per page.
- Connections in the Workplace features 35 stories, featuring Maria and Jerome as the primary protagonists. Each four-page story has a student activity page and vocabulary exercises. Topics covered include cell phone etiquette, avoiding job responsibilities, becoming a trustworthy employee, and appropriate social behavior.
- Dynamite Emotions centers around six stories with young adult characters who experience social or emotional challenges with family, friends, or coworkers. The stories explore the feelings of each character and provide a resolution to their disputes or conflicts. The book begins with an illustrated mini-dictionary of 28 emotions, and each story page features a dynamic and colorful graphic novel style drawing. It examines how emotions affect behavior plus it gives techniques to identify feelings and understand their impact.
Bridges accepts institutional P.O’s (purchase orders).
Call us for a quote or just fax or email a P.O. on your letter head.
How secure is my online order?
Any information submitted through the web store is safe and secure. Bridges uses state-of-the-art security encryption methods to ensure the highest standards of security for its online customers.
What payment methods are accepted?
We accept Visa and MasterCard for online orders.
What if I do not have a credit card?
If you do not have a credit card, please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) to discuss alternative payment methods.
How do I know if you have received my order?
When your order has been completed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that will be sent to the e-mail address that you entered in the "Registration” page before checkout.
PLEASE NOTE that the COVID-19 crisis is impacting delivery times. Couriers are experiencing reduced capacity due to new hygiene procedures, increased volumes and/or emergency conditions. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.
Is your school or office limited as to when it can receive goods? When you place your order, in the comments area, please let us know if you cannot receive your order during regular business hours to avoid additional shipping charges. We will make every attempt to accommodate you, but we cannot guarantee that this will be possible.
What shipping options are available?
Most of our items are shipped by Canpar, which takes 3-5 business days to reach the customer. Where service is not available, or due to the special requirements of the product, we will also use UPS, Puralator or Canada Post. Please allow 10-15 days for order processing.
Ordering multiple, heavy-weighted items?
If our store can’t calculate your shipping costs during checkout, your order may fall outside weight, size, or destination restrictions, for online ordering.
Sorry about that.
Just contact us by email or phone and we'll figure out another way to get your order to you.
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping is calculated individually depending on the weight and size of the item. This will be calculated automatically upon checkout and will be included in the total price when you go to the checkout.
How long does it take for me to receive my order?
Order processing time depends on availability of the product from the manufacturer, but typically products are shipped within 10-15 business days after the order is placed. See shipping options for the number of days it will take to reach you after it leaves our warehouse.
Do you ship internationally?
No, we currently sell our products and services only in Canada.
How can I track my order?
When the order is shipped out, you will receive an e-mail with a tracking number. If you do not receive this e-mail, please call 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) to receive your tracking number.
Do you offer a money back guarantee?
We offer a 21-day money-back guarantee unless otherwise noted. Products must be returned in a resalable condition as determined by Bridges. Returns are subject to a 20 percent restocking fee after 21-days. Many of our manufacturers offer additional limited warranties of longer durations on their products. Returns will no longer be accepted after a period of 90 days. Please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) or send an e-mail to email@example.com for more information about manufacturer's warranties or returning your product.
Please note, customers cannot return software for a refund. However, we do offer a store credit for the full amount if returned within 21 days. After 21 days a restocking fee may apply.
How do I return a product?
To return a product you need to get a Return Authorization (R.A.) number from us. Please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST), e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at 905-542-7242 to get an R.A. number and further instructions. Please note, Bridges will not accept returns without an R.A. number. The customer is responsible for shipping costs of returned products.