Victor Reader Stream New Generation (English)
Ready for the future of wireless content access
Imagine having the latest novels, magazines, your favorite music, audio-described films, texts and your own voice recordings, all in the palm of your hand. With its new lightweight and compact design, Victor Reader Stream delivers hours of listening pleasure ANYWHERE!
Far more than just another audio player, the new Stream’s wireless capabilities open up the world to people who are blind or visually impaired.
The new Victor Reader Stream is 28% smaller than its predecessor. Its new sleek design is thinner and features rounded shapes, making it more comfortable to hold.
The new Stream opens new possibilities for receiving content wirelessly, from books and newspapers to podcasts and radio. It also features a louder speaker, superior text-to-speech, and improved recording.
The high contrast, robust, tactile keypad and popular Victor Reader bookshelf navigation still make this Stream the easiest to use hand-held player on the market.
A multimedia library in your pocket
Taking your books, music and much more everywhere you go is so easy with the new Victor Reader Stream’s excellent features:
- Supports up to 32GB removable SD cards and external USB flash drives
- Read books from DAISY libraries: NLS, Bookshare, Learning Ally
- Enjoy books and music from iTunes
- Play text documents with built-in text-to-speech from Acapela
- Replaceable battery recharges via your computer USB or USB AC adapter;
- Built-in speaker and headphone jack;
- Self-voicing controls; Read at your pace by controlling playback speed;
- Sleep key – playback stops if you fall asleep;
- Information key announces book title, time elapsed/remaining, total pages and more;
- Where Am I key announces reading position such as page, chapter, or song title;
- Key describer announces the functions of each key;
- High contrast, robust, tactile keypad for ease of use and long-term service;
- Free software updates over wireless network.
Record audio with a simple touch
Use the built-in mono microphone or your own stereo microphone to record voice notes, to-do lists, classroom lectures or from a line-in device.
Navigate quickly and easily
The new Stream has simple navigation to deliver the ultimate user experience. Locate files, books, audio recordings quickly and simply with just a key press:
- Browse DAISY books by chapter, section, or phrase
- Move through text files by paragraph, sentence, word
- Go To Page key finds pages just like turning to a specific page in a printed book
- Never lose your place: your Stream automatically resumes where you left off
- Bookmark important passages — even record your own voice annotations
- Navigate MP3 books and music by folder or file
- Dimensions: 114 x 62 x 18 mm (4.5 x 2.4 x 0.7 in.)
- Weight: 110 g (3.9 oz) including battery
- DAISY formats supported: 2.0, 2.0.2, and ANSI/NISO Z39.86 2002/2005 (DAISY 3)
- Audio formats: MP4-AAC, AMR-WB+, FLAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Speex, WAV
- Text-to-speech: Acapela (2 voices) to play brf, txt, html, xml, DOCX, EPUB
- SD slot supports up to 32GB SDHC cards
- Li-Ion battery: Rechargeable via USB or USB AC adapter
- Recharging time: 5 hours via AC adapter
- Wireless protocol: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Operating time: Up to 15 hours on headphones (may vary depending on content and player settings)
- Built-in speaker and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Micro USB port for connecting to external USB flash drives or computer
- Recording format: PCM, Wav, MP3
- Microphone: Built-in mono and 3.5 mm stereo jack
- Power/data jack: Micro USB
- Firmware upgrade via SD or online
- Real-time clock with date/time announcement
What's in the box
- Power adaptor NA USB-A 5V 1A
- Micro USB cable Short
- Micro USB cable long
- SD card
- Silicone case
- Color Booklet
- Warranty Multilingual
Bridges accepts institutional P.O’s (purchase orders).
Call us for a quote or just fax or email a P.O. on your letter head.
How secure is my online order?
Any information submitted through the web store is safe and secure. Bridges uses state-of-the-art security encryption methods to ensure the highest standards of security for its online customers.
What payment methods are accepted?
We accept Visa and MasterCard for online orders.
What if I do not have a credit card?
If you do not have a credit card, please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) to discuss alternative payment methods.
How do I know if you have received my order?
When your order has been completed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that will be sent to the e-mail address that you entered in the "Registration” page before checkout.
PLEASE NOTE that the COVID-19 crisis is impacting delivery times. Couriers are experiencing reduced capacity due to new hygiene procedures, increased volumes and/or emergency conditions. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.
Is your school or office limited as to when it can receive goods? When you place your order, in the comments area, please let us know if you cannot receive your order during regular business hours to avoid additional shipping charges. We will make every attempt to accommodate you, but we cannot guarantee that this will be possible.
What shipping options are available?
Most of our items are shipped by Canpar, which takes 3-5 business days to reach the customer. Where service is not available, or due to the special requirements of the product, we will also use UPS, Puralator or Canada Post. Please allow 10-15 days for order processing.
Ordering multiple, heavy-weighted items?
If our store can’t calculate your shipping costs during checkout, your order may fall outside weight, size, or destination restrictions, for online ordering.
Sorry about that.
Just contact us by email or phone and we'll figure out another way to get your order to you.
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping is calculated individually depending on the weight and size of the item. This will be calculated automatically upon checkout and will be included in the total price when you go to the checkout.
How long does it take for me to receive my order?
Order processing time depends on availability of the product from the manufacturer, but typically products are shipped within 10-15 business days after the order is placed. See shipping options for the number of days it will take to reach you after it leaves our warehouse.
Do you ship internationally?
No, we currently sell our products and services only in Canada.
How can I track my order?
When the order is shipped out, you will receive an e-mail with a tracking number. If you do not receive this e-mail, please call 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) to receive your tracking number.
Do you offer a money back guarantee?
We offer a 21-day money-back guarantee unless otherwise noted. Products must be returned in a resalable condition as determined by Bridges. Returns are subject to a 20 percent restocking fee after 21-days. Many of our manufacturers offer additional limited warranties of longer durations on their products. Returns will no longer be accepted after a period of 90 days. Please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about manufacturer's warranties or returning your product.
Please note, customers cannot return software for a refund. However, we do offer a store credit for the full amount if returned within 21 days. After 21 days a restocking fee may apply.
How do I return a product?
To return a product you need to get a Return Authorization (R.A.) number from us. Please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST), e-mail us at email@example.com or fax us at 905-542-7242 to get an R.A. number and further instructions. Please note, Bridges will not accept returns without an R.A. number. The customer is responsible for shipping costs of returned products.