Explore Life Science Curriculum - 6-12
Standards-based curriculum for secondary students (Grades 6-12) covering the basics of biology.
- Adaptable for various learning and communication preferences.
- Follows consistent format across 11 chapters and four themes: ecology, evolution, cell biology, and human body systems.
- Provides extensive illustrations, simplified text, and outlined labs for hands-on learning.
- Includes downloadable digital files, four laminated reference guides to extend lessons, vocabulary and Big Idea study cards, lab materials, and an animation for each chapter.
- Student Book
- Instructor’s Guide
- Consumable Student Workbook
- 1 set of Reference Guides
- 1 set of Study Cards
- 1 set of Lab Materials
Curriculum Plus includes everything in the Curriculum and:
- 10 consumable Student Workbooks
- 2 sets of References Guides
- the entire page set of workbook pages as accessible GoWorksheets (iPad only)
- samples of communication overlays
The GoWorksheets can be used with the free GoWorksheet app or the full GoWorksheet Plus app available on the App Store.
- Includes 11 chapters covering 4 themes: ecology, evolution, cell biology and human body systems
Exploring Life Science
Looking at Cells
Inside a Cell
- Each chapter follows a consistent format:
- Chapter Title Page
- Big Ideas
- A Major Illustration
- Vocabulary Words
- an Overview
- Important Topics
- In Focus
- A hands-on Lab lesson
- Topics presented with simplified text and extensive illustrations
- Vocabulary and Big Ideas are emphasized throughout the chapters to help students learn concepts
- Each chapter comes with a 15-20 sec. video and hands-on lab
- Presents a sequence of 79 lessons, each 45-minutes long, integrating all curriculum materials available
- Suggestions for emphasizing the concepts provided for each lesson
- The Appendix features two versions of three Term Tests, each assessing a certain group of chapters. Plus:
- Downloadable student materials
- Image Library
- and more.
Reference Guides and Study Cards provide additional information to function as a lesson extension for students to learn concepts.
Lab materials provide hands-on learning for students to better understand given concepts. These include card games, microscope slides, animal cell model, and more.
Bridges accepts institutional P.O’s (purchase orders).
Call us for a quote or just fax or email a P.O. on your letter head.
How secure is my online order?
Any information submitted through the web store is safe and secure. Bridges uses state-of-the-art security encryption methods to ensure the highest standards of security for its online customers.
What payment methods are accepted?
We accept Visa and MasterCard for online orders.
What if I do not have a credit card?
If you do not have a credit card, please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) to discuss alternative payment methods.
How do I know if you have received my order?
When your order has been completed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that will be sent to the e-mail address that you entered in the "Registration” page before checkout.
PLEASE NOTE that the COVID-19 crisis is impacting delivery times. Couriers are experiencing reduced capacity due to new hygiene procedures, increased volumes and/or emergency conditions. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.
Is your school or office limited as to when it can receive goods? When you place your order, in the comments area, please let us know if you cannot receive your order during regular business hours to avoid additional shipping charges. We will make every attempt to accommodate you, but we cannot guarantee that this will be possible.
What shipping options are available?
Most of our items are shipped by Canpar, which takes 3-5 business days to reach the customer. Where service is not available, or due to the special requirements of the product, we will also use UPS, Puralator or Canada Post. Please allow 10-15 days for order processing.
Ordering multiple, heavy-weighted items?
If our store can’t calculate your shipping costs during checkout, your order may fall outside weight, size, or destination restrictions, for online ordering.
Sorry about that.
Just contact us by email or phone and we'll figure out another way to get your order to you.
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping is calculated individually depending on the weight and size of the item. This will be calculated automatically upon checkout and will be included in the total price when you go to the checkout.
How long does it take for me to receive my order?
Order processing time depends on availability of the product from the manufacturer, but typically products are shipped within 10-15 business days after the order is placed. See shipping options for the number of days it will take to reach you after it leaves our warehouse.
Do you ship internationally?
No, we currently sell our products and services only in Canada.
How can I track my order?
When the order is shipped out, you will receive an e-mail with a tracking number. If you do not receive this e-mail, please call 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) to receive your tracking number.
Do you offer a money back guarantee?
We offer a 21-day money-back guarantee unless otherwise noted. Products must be returned in a resalable condition as determined by Bridges. Returns are subject to a 20 percent restocking fee after 21-days. Many of our manufacturers offer additional limited warranties of longer durations on their products. Returns will no longer be accepted after a period of 90 days. Please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST) or send an e-mail to email@example.com for more information about manufacturer's warranties or returning your product.
Please note, customers cannot return software for a refund. However, we do offer a store credit for the full amount if returned within 21 days. After 21 days a restocking fee may apply.
How do I return a product?
To return a product you need to get a Return Authorization (R.A.) number from us. Please call us at 1-800-353-1107 (8:30am - 4:30pm EST), e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at 905-542-7242 to get an R.A. number and further instructions. Please note, Bridges will not accept returns without an R.A. number. The customer is responsible for shipping costs of returned products.